Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More, a little, India

So, only a bit cuz I'm tired tonight. I ditched my first 2 days of school, so I had to catch up!
So, we finally arrived in Visag (Vishakapatnum) late at night--whatever time it was I have no idea, our clocks were upside down. Keiran and some of the other drivers picked us up and drove us back to our hotel, which turned out to be quite nice! Though, anything at that point would have been good as long as it involved sleep. Arjuna set us up in the hotel, which was also right across the street from the ocean(Bay of Bengal).
Did I mention who arjuna is? If you click in the Vision Nationals link to the right, you can read about his ministry. He runs the program, which is a Bible college to teach and equip native pastors to plant churches throughout the Hindu dominated country. It is also a children's home for orphaned children, or for children whose families cannot care for them--because they live in little palm huts on the roadside.
Arjuna and his wife Raji are very good friends of our pastor, and studied in the US. They are excellent hosts and amazing people. It is amazing to see what God has done through his ministry, starting from little shacks where kids slept on the floors, to beautiful buildings, which include real beds for the children (the first they've ever slept in).
Well, I intended to write more, but I can't keep my eyes open, so I'll just include some pics below to illustrate said characters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home