Friday, August 19, 2005

Yay for super Jensen, my Pick-of-the-week!


This is an email sent to me by my friend Jensen (who has as busy of a schedule as mine, so I hardly ever get to see her, even though we try!). I found it quite entertaining, and rather inspiring (I would have given up and just slept in--by the pool--with a martini!) Hope you don't mind that I posted this, Jens! Though, I think some formatting was lost. Read anyway!

She is applying for a very prestigious position at Wella (and might I recommend her for all your hair color needs!)

That is very exciting! I will keep you in my prayers! Good Luck!


WARNING: THIS IS VERY LONG-WINDED!!!

Ok, for those of you that don't know, I flew down to LA last week for an interview for a full-time position with Wella.

It went very well despite the airline losing my luggage...lol.

I flew down on 8/10 and landed 1 hour late at 9PM. I then waited until 10PM wondering where the heck my suitcase was and why the baggage claim area reeked of fish!!

I went to the lost baggage office, and on my way, passed by hundreds of boxes of fish!! All these Alaskan Fisherman were flying back home to CA and bringing their fish with them.

When I asked about my bag, they said that it didn't make it onto my flight, and would be coming in on the next plane...which wasn't until 12:30AM!! (shakes fist @ smelly fish!!)

The guy made it sound like they'd deliver all night and it wouldn't be a big deal. So, I take my Super Shuttle to Woodland Hills.

I didn't get to my hotel until about 11PM. When I got there, they said they had no record of my reservation and it had somehow been "cancelled."

They only had 2 rooms left, so they had to put me in a smelly "smoking room." Gross! I didn't have any candles with me, and the gift shop was closed, so I couldn't buy any. (note to self: always bring a travel candle for smelly hotel rooms) Luckily, it was warm enough to leave the sliding door open, so I aired the room out pretty good.

So, I stay up until 12:30 for the next flight to get in so I can call about my bag. It
still hasn\'t gotten in yet!!


Irritated, I watch some TV & fall asleep. I wake up around 6AM & check on my bag again. They finally found it!! Yay!!

But.....their delivery service doesn't pick it up until 8AM, and there is a 4-6 hour delivery window!! All of my presentation stuff is in that bag, and my interview is supposed to start at 9:30AM. I also have my "grown-up outfit" in there as well. After being mistaken as a 19 year old at least 3 times between the airport & the hotel, I did not want Cathy's first impression of me to be in a T-Shirt & jeans. I need my grown-up clothes to help me look my age!! (for those of you that forgot, I'm 27).

So, I had no choice but to call Cathy at 6AM & let her know what was going on. I told her that I thought it would be best if I took a taxi cab to & from the airport, instead of waiting for the dumb delivery people.

She agreed, so I got as ready as I could & hailed a cab.

Meet Felix: the coolest Russian cab driver ever!! Not only does he drive well enough so I can do my makeup with my fingers and a Q-tip, he entertains me as well!

Felix's top 2 jokes:

#1)

"Would you like to see my Russian air-conditioning?"

"uh...sure."

(he rolls the back 2 windows down.)

#2)

He has a picture of his dog on his dashboard, so I ask him about it.

"That's my poodle. I don't know what I like most...when my wife kisses me, or when my dog kisses me."


//-->


And, even though I called Alaska airlines at 7AM to let them know I was on my way, they still didn't have my bag ready!! Luckily, Felix stops the meter for me while we're waiting for my bag so I don't have to hail another cab.

So, I get my bag and we're off!! I made it to the Wella Studio at 9:45AM. Cathy tells me how impressed she is by how I handled the whole baggage fiasco!! (Yes!! Brownie points for Jensen!!)

So, the interview went well, but I won't find out until the next week if I go onto the 2nd round or not.

So, I barely make it to the airport on the way to LAX b/c I forgot to set up a Super Shuttle, so I had to take a cab. And, silly me drank a grande Iced Tea & bottle of water before she left. So I felt every bump & brake!! (where's good 'ol Felix?)

Thank God the line was short at the check in. I ran up & told the guy, "Can you make this snappy? I just drank a huge Iced Tea, and where's the nearest restroom?"

Lucky for me, it was very close!!

And then, before I get on the plane, I say a little prayer, "Please God, PLEEEAASSSEE don't let me get stuck to a screaming child or smelly person!!!"

And as I walked back to my seat, I end up sitting to a very handsome Spaniard that has really good cologne on!! Yess!!! (Hey, just 'cuz you're married doesn't mean you stop thinking boys are cute!!)

So, I take a nice well-deserved nap and enjoy the smell of good cologne.

Soooo....this all happened last week on 8/10-8/11, and I FINALLY got a phone call today saying they want to do a 2nd interview with me over the phone!! It'll probably be on Monday, so everyone say a little prayer for me!!

Jensen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home