Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pop up ad

So I just saw an ad for a picture phone--as in, a home phone that has a screen on which you can see your friendly debt collector.

I recall, when I was about 6 or 7, spending a ridiculous amount of time worrying about when picture phones would be invented. I was really bothered at the thought of my first grade crush calling me up to RSVP for my birthday party and him seeing me answer the phone in my snuggly kitty pajamas. I kept fretting about what would happen if you just hopped out of the shower and rushed to grab a ringing phone. I was really afraid of a privacy violation and the inability to control it. I mean, what 6 year old isn't?

At least now I don't have to spend any time debating over whether to invest in one. I already have a deeply ingrained fear of being caught in messy bed hair and slippers by some relative or sales person (I suppose it never occurred to me that you may actually have an option on that)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home