Friday, November 04, 2005

Why Leg Warmers REALLY are the best invention. Ever.


They're not just a fashion statement anymore.

A few years ago a friend got me a couple of pairs of legwarmers for Christmas when I was going through my 'awesome 80's' phase. I must admit, I didn't use them for a while. Maybe just a few times to accent an oversized sweater. They just looked so sparkly, like something to hang in your closet, not something to drag about in the mud.

Until now. My office is cold, my workspace is cold, and my boyfriend's house is like a tiny ice castle. And I am most certainly like an ice princess. I am always cold to begin with, but this new job set up definitely pushes me over the top. I'm so cold all the time!!! In an attempt to defeat the cold and the rain, I have begun to learn and master the art of layering (coupled with bringing my portable heater with me everywhere I go). And that is when I rediscovered those sparkly leg warmers.

I put them on under my jeans for some added protection (as there are some fine holes in the wall of the building I'm in that the wind sweeps in and goes right up the pant legs). And my goodness, I've never been warmer! They work fantastically!

My mom always laughs at me for owning a few pairs (even though I caught her borrowing them to go out to the car one Christmas to keep her ankles warm and cozy while sporitn' a skirt), but I think if she, and well everyone, really knew how warm they are, and that nobody can even tell you're wearing them under pants (though I wish they could), everyone would be doin' it. Old and young alike (not that, uh, my mom is old or anything).

The best things ever invented, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home