Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's called the holidays, ok

ya ya, so I haven't posted in for-ev-er. Got a little busy with holidays and work (note to self: never attempt to hand make all Christmas presents at the last minute, and then give up and attempt to shop at the last minute--bad idea!!). And of course, I really don't have time for a proper post right now. I'll just leave you begging for more instead.

But, back by popular demand: Picks-of-the-week!

Can't decide if this is a Pick or an Anti-pick, but here is a very sad/very funny story, depending on who you are (me=sad, you=funny). Go ahead, laugh at my expense (or perhaps it's pity).

So I had a bit of a strenuous day. Matt and I return to his house after intern class, where I had left my car. As I give it a few minutes to warm up before going home, I discuss with Matt the points of my stressful day. And, well, there were quite a few points, so a few minutes turns into about 30. Suddenly, I remember my running car parked out on the street. As I quickly rise to leave, Matt gazes out the window and says, "hey, where did your car go?"

immediately I think, "great, I'm sure someone stole it and isn't that just the perfect ending to my day, and I'm not even going to bother to go look outside because I'm such a victim I'm sure it's gone forever--poor me, just my luck". And I pout.

"well, I still hear it, but I don't see it" says Matt while actually opening the door to look up and down the street for my missing vehicle.

Ya, somehow (I'm going with "my e-brake slipped off" rather than "I forgot to put my e-break on while warming up my manual car") the brake wasn't on, and on the completely flat neighborhood street my car had decided it was sick of waiting for me and was just going to leave on its own. So we found it, a few houses down, in the neighbors front lawn, still running (and the neighbor chilling inside watching TV with the drapes open, completely unaware....I hope).

oops.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family, granddaughter... You are now officially a member of the "Clutz Family of Dropsy Doozie & running into things"...! How deep of tire marks did the car leave on the lawn??
I'd like to have seen this in person...haha!!
Love you,
Grams

 

Post a Comment

<< Home