Friday, July 28, 2006

And I'll be out of town....

LINEUP: The mainstage will be hosted by music-comedian Reggie Watts. The 2006 Line-Up is our best yet - THE MURDER CITY DEVILS, Band of Horses, Black Angels, Smoosh, The Little Ones, Common Market, Silversun Pickups, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Visqueen, Himsa, Schoolyard Heroes, Minus the Bear, Big Business, Helio Sequence, Slender Means, Sera Cahoone, Speaker Speaker, Greyskull, Lonely H, Thee Emergency, The Cops, Der Trash, Wallpaper, The Divorce, Macklemore, Ladyhawk, Abyssinian Creole, The Tall Birds, Panther, The Saturday Knights, Pale Pacific, Village Green, Six Organs of Reistance, Magnolia Electric Co, Fleet Foxes, Tennis Pro, Immaculate Machine, and The Can't See.


Ok, MCD is only my favorite band ever. I was at their last show. and now, reuniting! And I'm missing it?

Wait! My roommate just told me to look it up; its happenin tonight, and were gettin' out of here asap to go! (except, mcd is tomorrow--sniff)

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Derek Fudesco's fingers are going to be killing him if MCD and PGMG are both playing.

Obviously I'm not actually as cool as you, because I got into MCD after they broke up because of the Pretty Girls connection. I have a MCD badge that allows me entry to punk clubs and record stores that would otherwise look down their noses at me. Worth the $2 and then some, I say.

Following up band connections is also why I used to own the collected works of Andrea Zollo's mid-90s hoodrat hardcore band. Used to, because they were kind of shit.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Heartichoke said...

All kinds of connections. MCD all went like 5 different ways with like 18 different bands and projects.

Since I can't make it to mcd reunion tonight (off on vacation--a toss up), I figure it's ok because: I saw their farewell show, and it was hot, annnd, I saw Big Business last night--which melted my little hardcore heart completely (and my hearing is a bit impaired this morning).

And, take heart, wear your punk badge of shame ashamedly no more: I made sure to age check the crowd--they were all my age, and older! Hooray, my hardcore love affair is still cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home