Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Home again home again

Well, I am officially back from Chicago. I had an absolutely wonderful time, and am sad to be home so soon.

Though, I got a mini break today as the western half of the state shut down for Winnntteer Storrrmm 2006. That means that more than a dusting of snow and everyone freaks out and drives into a ditch. Being bordered snuggly by the sea, I guess we only get about a day of snow a year. But, as my friend from Chicago pointed out, everyone really does have a difficult time getting about because of all the hills and mountains--Chicago is totally flat (and, well, prepared). I live at the top of a hill. A small one, so any direction I go I have to travel down.

It was a little thought getting down, as I finally braved it to come into work today since it was gorgeously sunny. But downtown Renton was still incredibly icy. So I tried to work a bit (was the only one there), but decided, upon arrival of Topping, that instead we would start decorating the church for Christmas while drinking delicious hot cocoa with marshmallows and blasting Christmas music. It was all so festive and fun, especially with all the snow. And it was great fun watching people be completely ridiculous drivers. Man, Seattle people seriously need to take snow driving courses, so they don't all have to abandon their cars all over and walk home (true story).

Anyhow, the real point is, I can't tell all about Chicago until I have the photos, which are being developed (oh my, she still doesn't have a digital camera?!), and there is a ice storm preventing me from getting there. (And ice is the only excuse for bad driving.) So I will shower you soon with pics.

Somehow Bellevue talked Bill Gates into paying off God to place a protective snow bubble around them, so my roommate and I ventured out to the golden city to pick up our first Christmas tree (this will be out 3rd year in the house together--and were beginning to suspect our neighbors may think were lesbians after being there and single so long. Geez, haven't they seen Sex and the City? Some girls, just, stay single! For..fun!)! We also decorated our entire house while actually listening to some soft rock station's 24 hours of Christmas, with Delilah, the Dr.Phil of soft rock radio Christmas programs. We swore not to tell anyone about that, but I just had to let someone know.

Anyhow, the house looks great--so much more fun with decorations and lights and a tree! Chicago photos coming soon! Quit driving into to ditches and go sledding! Wow, so much Christmas obsession and it's not even December.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Christmas in November ... omgosh with soft rock .... you are so not gay .. unless you were a guy ... then that would be gay if you know what I mean ... anyway great to see you back Heart
hugz
Sarah

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Barry said...

Welcome back - even though I am kinda permanently gone

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I listen to Delilah during the holidays, too!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home