Monday, February 19, 2007

The Plague


I'm sick. Horribly sick. But I'm tired of sleeping and watching movies, so I thought I'd post a bit. However, my mental faculties must have gone on vacation and left me here to die alone and sick. So I can't actually write much. I tried to go to work today, but decided that, after saying things backards and upside down to customers, dropping things, and watching the ceiling spin, that I should go home.

But I can push buttons. I'm good at that. So I pushed a few buttons, and posted some pictures.

Some movies I've watched, in the last 48 hours and beyond, and their relative sick ratings:

The Science of Sleep, by Michel Gondry: 5 hearts!

Weeds, a Showtime series: 4 hearts

The Last Kiss: a tricky one. A little too sexy, and a little too mainstream romance, but deep down, I liked the message, about how stupid our 20 something generation is. Hmm, how about 3 hearts?

Pan's Labyrinth: no hearts at all. yuck.

Children of Men: 1 heart, for it's realistic visual portrayal of a slightly futuristic city.

Marie Antoinette: 4 hearts

Rabbit Proof Fence: 5 hearts!

Amores Perros: 4 hearts

THX: 1138: 3 hearts, because it wasn't super exciting, but for a 70's flick, which happens to be George Lucas' first film, it's totally amazing with its cinematography, concept, and effects. Kind of a 1984 thing.

Garden State: 5 hearts

Munich: 5 hearts

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada: 2 hearts

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: 1 heart

Princess Mononoke: 5 hearts!

And, strangely enough, there are waaaay more, but I can't recall with my crazy mind. Because, after I heard the buzzer on the oven, I opened the fridge and looked around in there for 5 minutes trying to find my baking garlic bread. And now it's burnt. Stupid being sick.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Bummer about being sick. But is that an excuse to only give "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" one heart? I'm not so sure.

Some good movie choices there and some beautiful heart photos further down the page. They warmed my single little heart.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Stop being sick already its so un cool ..

glad you liked Rabbit Proof Fence

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Heartichoke said...

I especially liked the documentary extra on the dvd about casting the girls and making the film. If you haven't had a chance to watch that portion, i highly recommend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home