Wednesday, March 14, 2007

O.M.G.

So, being the fancy wine bar mistress that I am, my boss picked little old me to accompany him to "Taste Walla Walla", a winery tasting event showcasing over 50 wineries and wine makers from Walla Walla. Oh yes. All free. Did I also mention it was on the top of the Columbia Tower downtown? Yes that would be the 76th floor, in the private members only club! I forgot my camera (can you believe that?), but swiped some internet pics of the fantastic view!

View from the top!




View from the bottom!



View from...my private jet?



Ooh La La, the entry way! At the top of that staircase awaits over 50 wine makers all waiting to give me free glasses of all their different kinds of over-priced wines, lots of free exotic cheeses and fruits, and a bunch of fancy glass bottled Italian water. Yes, I am the princess, thank you. Plus, they all assume I'm someone important who may be interested in selling their wines (well, I guess I am, really), so they crown you with all kinds of princessy-ness.



It's the private lounge, yummy.



The main area for tasting.


And did I tell you about the bathrooms? The private rooms with floor to ceiling windows, exotic decor, and couches? Oh yes, peeing in front of the whole city is thrilling. And to top that off, my tipsy boss made me steal our glasses as keepsakes.

The only drawback to this fantastic time was how you could feel the building swaying in the wind. Which is a bit scary after a few glasses of wine, looking down over the edge, I must say.


Unfortunately, I had to take very tiny tastes of the hundreds of wines, because I actually had to go back and serve wine, but I went back much more a wine snob, I assure you.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures!! Amazing clarity! Darn! Why didn't yer ol' granny get invited?? I'll have to lose weight, lose years, & then maybe I will next time!?!?! Sounds like a marvelous time! Especially the exciting bathroom scene!
Love ya,
Grams

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

see what sleeping with the boss gets ya !!!! lol just joking ...

hugz chic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home