Friday, December 07, 2007

My poor giant baby brother

Tonight we were out to dinner when I missed calls from my mother. My little brother is in the hospital. The sixteen year old dare-devil lookalike, who has grown twice my size, decided to get in a mountain biking accident. On a shaky jump landing, his handle bars decided to pummel his high cheek bones, shattering them in 4 places, shoving them up through his sinuses, just missing his eye, but causing it to bleed none the less. Poor little boy. He's so big now, but still looks like the sweet little toddler I spent hours torturing.

We just got back from visiting him; he's rather doped up on morphine, which I think makes 16 year old boys very happy. He looked tired, with a saggy eye and a non-existent cheek. It looked like it had been deflated. He'll go into a 3 hour surgery tomorrow. Hopefully it will be easy. His friends took pictures of him being put into an ambulance, wish I had some! He's proud of his tough pictures, he wouldn't mind me posting them! His face will be in recovery for a month. I think I'm getting him and eye patch for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home