Monday, April 14, 2008

Movie-o-holic


Some people read books, some obsessively read music reviews or blogs or news sites, others drink a lot of wine--but me, I watch movies. They're my comfort food, my relaxation, my escapism. I like well-made movies, but I have a number of guilty pleasures as well (but I won't tell you about those, otherwise known as chick-flicks). I just checked my netflix account and realized I've watched quite a few movies over the past few months for someone as rediculously busy as I am. Sometimes on a busy week I'll watch a half hour of one before bed. As such, I've downed a lot of flicks. Here they are, with their relative star ratings if your looking for something to watch.

(I'm waiting for my portfolio to download in the midst of a busy week, so no explanations of summaries will follow. Too bad)

From most recent to last:

Castle in the Sky: 5 stars!

Network: 5

Shine: 4 (because of the guy from pirates of the Caribbean)

The Deer Hunter: 5 (because I have a crush on a 70 year old man--Christopher Walken)

Grave of the Fireflies: 5

The Pianist: 2

Soylent Green: 1

Shindler's List: 4 (yes, this is the first time I've seen it!)

Ran: 1 (but Matt says "5")

Full Metal Jacket: 4

The Source: 3

Run Lola Run: 2 (way more lame than I recall from high school)

The Devil and Daniel Johnston: 5

Fahrenheit 451: 2

Trekkies: 2

Paradise Lost: 3

Ghandi: 4

American History X: 3

Empire of the Sun: 5

Rivers and Tides: 4

Rabbit-Proof Fence: 5

Amores Perros: 4

THX 1138: 4

Munich: 5


Ok, there you go. Now--go rent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home